Richard J. Lundy
Rick was born in Atlanta, Georgia on December 18, 1961. Rick moved with his family later to Cedartown, Georgia where he attended public school in Cedartown and graduated from Cedartown High School in 1980. After high school graduation, Rick attended Jacksonville State University from 1980 until 1984 where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology in April of 1984. He then attended Cumberland School of Law of Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama and was awarded his Juris Doctor degree in 1987.
Rick returned to Cedartown to practice law, joining his brother, William L. Lundy, Jr., and the late Senator James I. Parker (1926-1994). Today, Rick continues to practice law and is partners in the Law Firm of Parker and Lundy with his brother, Bill, with Chuck Morris, who joined the firm in 1998, and attorney Trey Kelley joined the firm in 2014.
Among his civic involvements within our community, Rick was elected to the Polk School District Board of Education in 1994 where he served until he voluntarily vacated his seat in 2007. Rick was a member of the Cedartown Jaycees for ten years. He was a member of the Cedartown Kiwanis Club for more than twenty years having served as President from 1992-93. Rick has served as President of the Polk County Bar Association, and served two terms as President of the Tallapoosa Circuit Bar Association. Rick has been licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia since 1987, and is in his 29th year of law practice. He has been admitted to practice law in the United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, and the Georgia Supreme Court.
Rick and Leigh Ann have been married for 26 years and have one child, Grace Ann, age 13.
Rick’s concentrated areas of his general trial practice over his 29 years has been personal injury and wrongful death for victims of automobile and tractor trailer wrecks, premises (slip/fall) liability, medical malpractice cases, all cases of family law, and criminal law.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Tractor Trailer Collisions
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Georgia, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Cumberland College of Tennessee School of Law, Lebanon, Tennessee
- Juris Doctor - 1987
- University of Formerly Alabama State Teachers
- Cedartown Comprehensive High School
- Jacksonville State University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cedartown Development Authority
- Polk County Bar Association, President
- Tallapoosa Circuit Bar Association, President
Pro Bono Activities
- Deacon, First Baptist Church, Cedartown
- Polk School District Board of Education, 1994
- Cedartown Jaycees, Member
- Cedartown Kiwanis Club, Senior Member
- Cedartown Kiwanis Club, President, 1992 to 1993